Bows are a beautiful and an intricate part of clothing. So why are they limited to men? Women can just as easily and conveniently sport a bow tie. Bow ties make a style statement, however a tricky one to get right. You need to style it the perfect way to get it right. One wrong step and you may end up looking like a lunatic. So today we’re going to share some tips and tricks for the ladies to help you master the art of styling a bow tie right every time.
Is Bow Tie a New Trend Among Women clothing?
- Pick out the right fabric- Suiting wools and flannels are the perfect fabric for a bow tie. You can also pull off a cotton one in summers, just be sure to pick out textured fabrics. Be picky while buying a bow tie and choose decent brands as the fabric can make or break the entire look.
- The Basics- You can flaunt a bow tie with a lot of outfits; however they are generally styled as a part of a formal outfit. So sometimes stick to the basics to make your outfit stand out. A simple black bow tie will absolutely make a statement.
- The Different Types-If you think you can’t play around with bow ties, you are wrong. Nowadays you can find a ton of bow ties with a lot of different type of fabrics. However basically there are two types of bow ties:
- The self-tied Bow Tie-Tying a bow tie is an art that takes time to master. So ask someone to tie it for you or there’s plenty of help on the YouTube.
- The pre-tied Bow Tie-These are the clip-on ones. Fasten it to fit your collar and you’re done.
- Messier, the better-Now if you’re using a self-tied bow tie, you don’t have to be perfect at it. Sometimes the messier the tie, the better it looks. Some imperfections will only make it look real.
- Play with it- However a bow tie is a formal accessory but you can still play with it. You can find a ton of different types of fabrics and patterns on bow ties. For a formal look, style it with a blazer or a printed shirt. Tailored suits, pencil skirts, dresses, the options are never ending. Don’t be afraid to mix and match, have fun with it.
Make the bow tie steal the spotlight from your outfit. Make it stand out!